Tapatalk

Let us know what you think of the Fanzine or Website.

Moderators: Lord Summerisle, Nulli Secundus, No Post Code Red

originalhandy

Tapatalk

Post by originalhandy »

Is there any chance Tapatalk can be installed on the forums to make it easier to browse on droids ?
originalhandy

Re: Tapatalk

Post by originalhandy »

The plugin is simple to install, just put code in the <head> of the php file and upload a directory.
You can see more at www.tapatalk.com
originalhandy

Post by originalhandy »

Any chance lads ? :D
Jermaine Palmer

Post by Jermaine Palmer »

originalhandy wrote:Any chance lads ? :D

Ok, I've given this a go. I don't have a smart phone so I don't know whether this works ok or not. Any feedback on how this is working is appreciated lads

I didn't realise that it seems to include a pop-up to get people to sign up to tapatalk but I believe this is a one time thing so shouldn't inconvenience users too much - again, I'm trying this on the basis that it makes things easier for people, so I will modify or uninstall if it becomes a hassle.
originalhandy

Post by originalhandy »

I cant find it in Tapatalk, did you make it active ? What did you call it so I can search.

There is a pop up if you are on a mobile device, once you tell it no you never see it again.
Lord Summerisle
"Coming for a Cosmo, Flynner?"

Post by Lord Summerisle »

originalhandy wrote:
There is a pop up if you are on a mobile device, once you tell it no you never see it again.

Thank fuck! I wasn't paying €2.50 to view the forum on my phone.
Well I'm confident your suspicions are wrong, Sergeant. We don't commit murder here. We're a deeply religious people.
originalhandy

Post by originalhandy »

I have it if you want the program, no need to pay ;)
Lord Summerisle
"Coming for a Cosmo, Flynner?"

Post by Lord Summerisle »

I can browse the forum fine on my phone, but cheers anyway. Just giving people the heads up that when they get directed to the android store, the app costs.
Well I'm confident your suspicions are wrong, Sergeant. We don't commit murder here. We're a deeply religious people.
Jermaine Palmer

Post by Jermaine Palmer »

It is active on the network now. Reds Independent.

I was under the impression that this was a free service - if there is an intrusive message trying to get people to pay for something I'm now inclined to discontinue this as it doesn't seem to offer any advantage for a large majority of forum users.
originalhandy

Post by originalhandy »

It is a free service, you have to pay for the software. The software is pretty badass.

If you google "disable tapatalk popup" the first post shows you how to edit the forum code to not show any popups. That way nobody gets pop ups, the only way is to search with the tapatalk software.

That way it runs silently and nobody knows a difference.