Hyperlinks..

Let us know what you think of the Fanzine or Website.

Moderators: Lord Summerisle, Nulli Secundus, No Post Code Red

AJS

Hyperlinks..

Post by AJS »

..are opening in the current tab, any chance of setting them to open in a new tab/window or am I just being silly and not noticing the setting in the control panel?
Jermaine Palmer

Re: Hyperlinks..

Post by Jermaine Palmer »

AJS wrote:..are opening in the current tab, any chance of setting them to open in a new tab/window or am I just being silly and not noticing the setting in the control panel?

No, you're right AJS. phpBB have changed the way the links work in the later versions. It requires a bit of coding, so hopefully I'll have it sorted out over the weekend, I'll probably just wait until the change to the new server is complete so I don't have to do it twice.
Jermaine Palmer

AJS wrote:..are opening in the current tab, any chance of setting them to open in a new tab/window or am I just being silly and not noticing the setting in the control panel?

This issue should now be resolved. By default links open in a new window, but different browsers allow you to adjust your settings so that a new tab opens instead. Any further problems let me know.

EDIT: This only works when using the URL tags, so you will need to highlight the link and click the URL button above for links to open in a new window. I will fix the automatic links ASAP.
Lord Summerisle
"Coming for a Cosmo, Flynner?"

Post by Lord Summerisle »

This problem has been back a while I believe.
Well I'm confident your suspicions are wrong, Sergeant. We don't commit murder here. We're a deeply religious people.
Jermaine Palmer

Lord Summerisle wrote:This problem has been back a while I believe.

EDIT: I think this problem should be fixed now. Let me know if it is not.
Jermaine Palmer

Jermaine Palmer wrote:
Lord Summerisle wrote:This problem has been back a while I believe.

EDIT: I think this problem should be fixed now. Let me know if it is not.

While the fix above works for new posts, any previous links that have been put up may have to be edited before they work!