New Look

Let us know what you think of the Fanzine or Website.

Moderators: Lord Summerisle, Nulli Secundus, No Post Code Red

Jermaine Palmer

New Look

Post by Jermaine Palmer »

Trying out a new style on the forum. This should work better, especially on mobile devices. Aesthetically it could probably look a bit better. Any feedback appreciated. Thanks!
Lord Summerisle
"Coming for a Cosmo, Flynner?"

Re: New Look

Post by Lord Summerisle »

Where does it appear when you get a pm?
Well I'm confident your suspicions are wrong, Sergeant. We don't commit murder here. We're a deeply religious people.
Jermaine Palmer

Lord Summerisle wrote:Where does it appear when you get a pm?
Click the arrows on the top left of the screen and select user control panel
Jermaine Palmer

You can also select to have a pop up notification when you get a pm. That is in board preferences.
Lars1909

Post by Lars1909 »

The page seems to load a bit faster and it looks decent enough :)
Ciarán

Post by Ciarán »

Will take a bit of getting used to. The posts being on the left and the avatars etc being on the right is taking some getting used to but that's only me I presume. If I was to have any real complaints it would be that there's not enough red on the theme. Good job, though.
Nulli Secundus

Post by Nulli Secundus »

JP, good stuff on the change. Working well IMO.

Any chance of changing the pic that's at the top of each page? It's been there a long time, something different if possible.
Buy the zine, write for the zine.
Ciarán

Post by Ciarán »

I can design a banner for the top of the page if you tell me width x height.
Jermaine Palmer

Ciarán wrote:I can design a banner for the top of the page if you tell me width x height.
Thanks Ciarán, that would be great. 1024 x 256 is what I use for the homepage so that would be fine. I can scale it down for the forum as necessary.

NS - that actually is a new banner, I improved the image slightly from the old one, but I didn't have too many photos to work from, so just had to use what was available.
Lord Summerisle
"Coming for a Cosmo, Flynner?"

Post by Lord Summerisle »

I've found the new layout much better to use on the computer but less mobile friendly than the previous one. For instance, on the mobile version (for me anyway), it just lists the forums and highlights in red if there's been a new post, but doesn't say who the latest poster is until you go into the actual thread and read the post.
Well I'm confident your suspicions are wrong, Sergeant. We don't commit murder here. We're a deeply religious people.